1. 10 year Master Build Guarantee:
For peace of mind in case something goes wrong
First and foremost, this Guarantee offers peace of mind! Master Build Guarantees are the most comprehensive products available on the market. Only a Registered Master Builder can offer these Guarantees – the best products being offered by the best builders! Please check your contract to see what class of guarantees are included.
The Guarantee covers residential building work with a contract price of $25,000 and over and cover full-contract, labour-only and managed labour-only work carried out by a Registered Master Builder. Work by subcontractors, as well as materials and rot is covered. Conditions apply.
Covers you for:
- Defect in Materials* and Workmanship and Structural Defect: Protection against any defects in workmanship and materials*, or structural elements, for two years after completion of the building.
- PLUS Structural Cover: Cover for defects in specific structural elements of the building work, after expiry of the Materials, Workmanship and Structural cover, for a total cover of ten years from acceptance of the Guarantee.
- INCLUDING Rot and Fungal Decay:Cover for properties where the design, materials and construction achieve a score of 12 or less based on the E2/AS1 Risk Matrix**.
- Materials which have a current certificate of accreditation or product certificate issued under the Building Act, or which, in Master Build Services’ opinion, comply with an appropriate Australian or New Zealand standard.
- The E2AS1 is the Department of Building and Housing’s Acceptable Solution for Building Code clause E2 External Moisture. It incorporates a Risk Matrix which is a design tool that allows designers to analyse the weather tightness risk of a particular building design.
- For protection against loss of deposit, non-completion, defective workmanship, rot and structural defects, or if your builder is unable or unwilling to put things right. (Please note – ahem, we don’t sit in this category.) The Master Build Guarantee covers you for things out of your control.
2. 10 year Weathertightness Guarantee
Weathertightness is one of the biggest issues worrying clients when building. In simple terms, weathertightness is preventing moisture entering your property and eventually causing rot and decay. The Master Build Guarantee above includes cover for rot and fungal decay.
3. 12 months maintenance period
4. Guaranteed call back within 24 hours during maintenance period
For any queries on your Master Build Guarantee please contact us.
Phone 021 280 8580 / 627 7124
BE(Civil) MIPENZ CPEng
Chartered Civil Engineer
Registered Master Builder
Licensed Building Practitioner (by default)
Writer …And master egg collector